Sunday, September 2, 2012

Twas the Night Before Leaving...

And all through the house, EVERY creature was stirring except for Taylor of course.  The suitcases were filled to the brim with care, in hope that everything would fit in there. The kitten was cuddled all up in my clothes, while he dreams of the bread he steals from our stove.  With wine in my hand and a belly full of food, we got me all settled down for a long trip abroad.
Ok, so I got a little lazy on my attempted poem. It happens.  There is so much going through my head right now, and I feel like I could throw up. I guess I am nervous about traveling alone, and making sure I have everything I need (I hate packing!), but I am also anxious and excited for my new adventure.  Right now it's a little hard to see past all of the chaos of preparing to leave.  I'm going to miss my family and friends, and especially my animals!
This weekend has been some good time with my family, along with some crazy weather thanks to Hurricane Isaac. My mom, sister, and I went and got pedicures, and mom made me Tex-Mex soup!  We did some packing and went to church, and after we went out to eat at Chili's and I had a delicious margarita and chicken crispers.  We also got an amazing chocolate lava cake (which was gone in less than two minutes between the five of us).  Then today we all went down to the gun club to shoot (it was Allyson's first time!). Then the girls went shopping for a few last minute items before coming home to pack everything up once and for all.
The first crisis came when we were weighing my luggage.  Both my bags were overweight!  As we were trying to fix this problem, one of the suitcases ripped, and mom and I had to run to Kohl's to buy new luggage.  Thank God it happened before they closed!  We finished packing and got everything to fit, and I think I have everything now.
So I am feeling a little uneasy about leaving now that the chaos has settled a bit.  It's weird to think that I won't get to be home or see anyone until December (unless they come visit me! :) ).  I guess it's not that different than going back to school, but there is so much more to it.  I'm glad that I'm going to Finland first to see Alex and the Davis's, so I have a little bit of a buffer before I take on London.
But for now, I've had my last Oreo's and milk for a while and am going to try and get some sleep.  We've got a (relatively) early and exciting morning tomorrow.  Be on the lookout for my next post, either tomorrow in the airport or after I arrive in the Land of Fin! Näkemiin! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment