Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Just Another Day in Londontown

Today we got up early to head into central London to hit up the British Museum.  Once we arrived at the station, we crossed the Thames and started making our way to the museum.  We may have taken a slight detour, but we figured it out.  By then we were starving and parched, so we had lunch at the Museum Tavern, a little pub across from the museum.  It was here that I experienced my very first English fish n' chips, and it was delicious.  After lunch, we hit the museum.  It was so huge! It was incredible how much stuff they have there.  We decided that we are going to need to come back.  We spent about three hours looking at hieroglyphics, sculptures, mummies, and artifacts.  It was pretty cool to see some of the most famous pieces, such as the Rosetta Stone! By the end of the three hours, we were all yawning and decided to head home.  On the way back to the train station, we stopped by Covent Gardens and did some tea tasting (delicious!) and got some gelato (also delicious!).  By the time we got on the train, we were exhausted and about fell asleep on the ride back! We went to dinner when we got back and decided to take it easy tonight.  We had a girls night and I finally got to watch Pride and Prejudice! So now I'm off to enjoy my bed (or at least try to) so I will be fresh and ready for my first day of class tomorrow! I'm a little nervous, since I don't feel at all prepared, so wish me luck!!!


























































No comments:

Post a Comment