Monday, September 3, 2012

Flight Two: Helsinki, Finland

Well, I made it to Chicago! And fairly quickly too. I think I only listened to three songs before I had to put my ipod away. And we flew right over Dunlap and I could see the eagle on the football field. It made me happy :). And what a great last sight of home, if I do say so myself!
So I landed in Chicago and found some food, water, and coffee, and I treated myself to a cookies n' cream caramel apple from Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory :P. Delicious. I searched the airport for an outlet to plug my phone in (they are few and far between here) and have been chilling out and reading my European guide book. Now I only have a little over an hour before boarding! Hopefully I can sleep on the plane. I'll be on it for 8 hours! I'm a little nervous since this is my first long, overseas flight AND I'm by myself. But I'm excited and not feeling nearly as emotional as I was this morning. Leaving is always the hardest part. But I'm on my way now, and next stop is Finland!

No comments:

Post a Comment