Sunday, September 9, 2012

Saved By the Jellyfish...


Yes, I was saved by the jellyfish.  Remember how I said I was being forced to go swimming in the Baltic? Well, we went out there (at least it's a little warmer today) and started wading in, and it was FREEZING. Like, my feet hurt it was so cold. And I had only gone in to my ankles!  Lurch and Alex had waded out a little further (up to the knee) when Alex told me to watch out for the jellyfish to my left, and then she realized what she just said.  We didn't know that they had jellyfish in Finland! So I got in the water up to my mid-calf and we found more jellyfish, then we decided we better not go in any further if we didn't want to get stung! Good thing too, because we went over to the dock and were looking around, and counted at least 20 more in the water! So we took some pictures and decided that we better just head straight to the sauna.  The sauna was VERY hot, and felt wonderful after being freezing the last couple days.  It felt even better when we stepped out into the fresh air. What an amazing sensation!  We spent a while longer in the sauna before the Davis's had to go get ready for church and everyone needed to take a shower.  So while I can say I have been in the Baltic Sea, I was not able to actually swim, which is probably good, because I think I would have gotten hypothermia        (maybe not, but it would have been painful!).
Other than that adventure, today has been pretty chill.  I finally got to sleep in, and then we went out to lunch after Steffi got done with gymnastics.  I had sauteed reindeer (which tastes like beef).  We walked around a flea market for a while afterwards, dropped Gabi off at her art class, and came home to walk Klondike, the dog.  So Steffi and I rode bikes on the trail while Lurch walked with Klondike.  It was pretty nice out today, about  60 degrees, and the view of course was beautiful.  Tonight will be more hanging out like last night (Netfllix and a bottle of wine :) ), laundry, and maybe some packing, since my suitcases are a mess.  Tomorrow is already my last day here! I'm not sure what I should do, since I'll be on my own most of the day.  Hopefully I can find something to do!








No comments:

Post a Comment