Monday, December 10, 2012

The Last Weekend

Friday: This time next week I will be back in the States!  But I am really sad to be leaving London...  I went in by myself today and explored.  I went to Trafalgar Square to see the Christmas tree and then walked around the National Gallery a bit.  Saw some Monet, Van Gogh, Renoir, da Vinci, etc.  There was a lot to see!  After that I went down to Covent Garden to see the Christmas decorations and look around the shops.  I bought a cute tea cup from the Tea Palace and some Union Jack flip-gloves from the market.  It's so fun with the market and the shops, not to mention all of the performers.  I came back after that to avoid rush hour, but it still took me a while to get home.  It was a beautiful day, without a cloud in the sky most of the afternoon.  It got a little chilly after the sun went down, and walking home from Twickenham, I couldn't feel my toes.  Tonight I'm going to hang out with my friends and watch Pitch Perfect!

Saturday:  Today I went in to London with my friends, and we hit up Camden Town Markets again.  It was Saturday and busy again.  But I did get some fried-Oreos, which were delicious!  Then we started off in search of Abbey Road, which only took us about 2 hours and one wrong turn to find!  (it was cold and a LOT of walking!)  After that we caught a train to Soho.  We were hoping to go people watching and maybe see a celebrity, but it was late by the time we got there and we didn't end up doing much of anything other than walking around.  From there we walked down to Trafalgar Square to see the Christmas tree, and then on down to Festival Pier to check out the Christmas Market.  After a long day of walking, we caught the train back home after grabbing a sandwich at the train station for dinner.  After much convincing, I got a few of my friends to go out with me and some other study abroad students to the George for my friend Patrick's birthday.  It was a lot of fun!  Our group of mostly Americans pretty much took over the pub, and we danced the night away.  It was good to hang out with all of my fellow internationals, and I am really going to miss it!  I have met so many cool people here, and this may be my last time seeing them.  It really is sad!

Sunday:  Today I took it easy, since I was so sore from all the walking yesterday, and had gotten in late the night before.  After brunch, a few of us walked in to Twick-city to run some errands.  Afterwards I watched more Downton Abbey and just relaxing.  After dinner, we had our group Secret Santa Party.  It was a good time, and my person LOVED her present!  We all had a lot of fun with it.  I got a Christmas Starbucks mug with some coffee and candy canes :).  After we had all opened our gifts and guessed our Secret Santas, we watched How the Grinch Stole Christmas.  Overall, not a bad weekend, and I have spent it with all of my favorite people here :).

No comments:

Post a Comment