Sunday, December 2, 2012

Taking a Break from Homework

I just finished my third paper out of five I have due before the end of the semester. Yay! I'm feeling good about my progress.  I have been trying to get all of it done as early as I can so I can enjoy my last two weeks in London! I'm going to miss it so much! There is so much more I want to do and simply don't have the time (or money) to do them all!  But I did get one thing checked off my list on Friday!  I went with some friends to the Winter Wonderland in Hyde Park.  It's the biggest and most popular Christmas themed amusement in London.  They had everything there.  Santa, German-style Christmas markets (including German-style food, and mulled wine and cider. yum!), carnival rides, a ferris wheel, and even a zip line.  And of course, they had an ice-rink. So I went ice skating, and it was a lot of fun!  I was a little shaky at first, but I was a lot better off than some of my friends that clung to the wall almost the whole time!  I started getting the hang of it after a few minutes and was skating around with no problem! I did fall once, when I was talking to my other friend and got distracted. So my bum hurts a bit, but it was worth it! After we went skating we went and explored the rest of the park.  I have never seen so many (or any) Christmas themed rides! One of the coolest things we saw was The Carousel Bar, which had a rotating platform like a carousel with a bar in the middle.  The horses of the carousel were high tables to stand around.  That's pretty creative if you ask me!  After we had finished exploring, we took a walk down Oxford Street, admiring all the pretty Marmite-themed Christmas lights.  We went into the MASSIVE Primark, which was just nuts.  We explored a few other stores and I set off to find the store we went to last time to re-buy the shoes I lost.  I also found a Starbucks that had London-themed gift cards and I got a few. :)  By then we had lost the other half of our group, only to find out that they had wandered down almost to Trafalgar Square, so we just hopped on the tube to Waterloo to catch the train home.  We actually ended up being on the same train as our friends, though we didn't find out until we got back!  By the time we got back, we were all tired and frozen.  My face was bright red from cold or windburn.  Nobody was feeling up to much, so I came back and relaxed in my room.
Saturday and Sunday has been all about the homework (or so I intended).  And now I must get back to starting my next paper, for philosophy (ack).  The countdown to the end begins! 12 days to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment