Friday, December 7, 2012

Coursework is Done! Now What?

Today (I wrote this on Tuesday), I finished my last paper of my semester here at SMUC (St. Mary's University College), but also my last paper of my UNDERGRAD. I can't believe I'm graduating already! This semester has just felt like one big, summer break (minus the weather), and I feel like I should be going back to Ambrose in the spring.  But I'm not! I'm not even going back to Davenport. I'm on to a whole new adventure in St. Louis! After this semester, I feel prepared (and ready) to tackle a new city, though I'm not much looking forward to the whole being a grown-up thing. (ew).  But now that all my papers are done, I'm not quite sure what to do with myself.  All of my friends are busy doing homework, so I have no one to hang out with really! I have 3 classes left (which will be pretty pointless anyway) and hopefully my friends will be freed up enough by the weekend to live it up for our last weekend together.  I may try and go explore some of my favorite places by myself this week if I can, as long as the weather isn't too awful! It has been rather chilly here, and I do not appreciate it, especially because it is so nice at home! If all else fails, I suppose I will have to find something to do in my room to pass the time: packing, sleeping, reading HP, catching up on shows (I started watching Downton Abbey last night in the spirit of British TV), watching movies.... oh yeah, and I guess I could start looking up stuff for January. Like a place to live, a roommate, finances, all that good stuff.  And I figure I should start reviewing some anatomy and science-like things before I start school, especially since I haven't done anything science-related since May. But we'll see how far I get on that... In other news, I also have to think about Christmas coming up! It just never ends, does it?
I realize that this has been a very random and scattered rant, but let's face it, my brain is a little scattered after all of that work I just finished.  Not to mention my eyesight. I think I'm going cross-eyed from staring at the computer screen, and my eye is still twitching.
Now that things are dying down, I am getting really sad about leaving.  Sure I am excited to be home in my own (comfortable) bed and see my family, friends, and animals (and my new car!), but I am really going to miss London.  I have come to think of it as home, and there is still so much of it I haven't explored.  And I never got to visit Scotland or Ireland, and I really regret that.  I guess that means I have an excuse to come back! I will come back, someday.

No comments:

Post a Comment